Skip to content

Family Sponsorship

  • The Canadian Government places a high value on family reunification. If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and have a family member who would like to immigrate to Canada, you may be able to assist them in becoming permanent residents. A core component of Canadian immigration remains family reunification. Sponsorship of spouses, dependent children, parents, and grandparents is an option open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents.

    It is important to remember that in addition to meeting the basic requirements for sponsoring your family members to become permanent residents, you need to demonstrate that you will support them financially as well as meet your own needs when they arrive. In addition, you should ensure they won’t need government assistance when they arrive in Canada.


Sponsor your Spouse, Partner of Children:

Under this category, an eligible citizen or a permanent resident of Canada can sponsor their spouse; common-law partner; conjugal partner, or dependent child. To be eligible for a permanent residency the applicant must not be inadmissible to Canada.
A spouse; common-law partner; or a conjugal partner can be sponsored if they are at least 18 years old and the relationship is genuine. Under any circumstances, if it is proved that they entered the relationship just to get a permanent residency in Canada, the application may be rejected.
If you are sponsoring your spouse or partner under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in-Canada Class, they must live with you in Canada. They also may be eligible for an open work permit.

Sponsor your dependent Children:

Sponsoring a dependent child: a dependent child is someone who depends on their parent for financial or other support. They must be:

Less than 22 years of age and not a spouse or common-law partner; or

Is 22 years of age or older and has depended substantially on the financial support of the parent since before the age of 22 and is unable to be financially self-supporting due to a physical or mental condition.

A complete set of applications must be filed for each dependent child.

palwinder kaurpalwinder kaur
03:55 30 Apr 22
I have a spousal PR application launched with the help of Gurjeet Singh . My brother recommended me that Gurjeet Singh is registered as IRCC member and will help you better , I am really thankfully to him , we got our PR within 4 months only . Thanks to Drive 2 immigration Team .
Harmandeep SinghHarmandeep Singh
17:16 14 Apr 22
Sandeep Bai is doing great work.Appreciate his patience and Kindness
Sukhamrat WarraichSukhamrat Warraich
07:12 06 Apr 22
Mr sandeep singh from Drive2immigration helps me alot in Post graduation workpermit. I got 3 years open workpermit with pending ciminal charges on me. He is really very helpful and friendly.
Jasleen KaurJasleen Kaur
18:48 21 Mar 22
I was referred to Sandeep regarding an issue with my work permit. He’s been amazing since the beginning and patiently answered all my questions and doubts and advised me accordingly. Always prompt in his answers and overall very professional. Would definitely recommend seeking help from them if you’re struggling with your immigration process!
Vicky JawandhaVicky Jawandha
20:39 16 Feb 22
I got issues with my work permit application and they did a great job for getting it. Its best immmigration and I highly recommend it to everyone.



Immigrations & Consulting Agency In Canada. Provides Free Consultation. Committed to Customer Satisfaction.



Quick Links


About Us

Contact Us


Popular Pages 

Express Entry


immigration Services



Contact Us

[email protected]