Every year, thousands of Foreign Nationals come to Canada to study in our Universities, Colleges. To do so, they must obtain a study permit issued by the Canadian government.
To be eligible to study in Canada:
- You must have been accepted by a school, college, university, or other educational institution in Canada.
- You must prove that you have enough money to pay for your:
- tuition fees
- living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada; and
- return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada.
- You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.
- You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
- You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay.